PDA

View Full Version : How can I enhance my system?

neojalid
07:46,
Hi fellow programmers and creative traders,

I have been trading foreign exchange for quite some time using the simple technical tool, basically price action with a little bit of oscillators and moving averages. I don't have a preferred indior but I am loyal to support and resistance levels and trend lines. They are in the core of my manual trading.

Beyond that, I recently have learnt programming and developed some EAs and experimented with different tools. The best average results I got for an EA is between 2000 to 4000 pips a year for E/U (most of them are the 2000 zone) which I don't find very appealing for a system which runs for 12 months, especially that sometimes the draw-down can go up to 1000 pips, not more than once a year normally though.

In the basics of these EAs, I use an oscillator or another indior for triggering trades with the same or a larger TF moving average filter to identify trends. Another thing I use is stops and fixed trailing stops.

My question to you guys, what can you think I might be missing that can enhance the performance of my EAs?

Your invaluable thoughts are highly appreciated.

Happy trading,